With the US holiday sale season fast approaching, Walmart has announced plans to run three cut-price deals for one hour only as part of its Black Friday sales.
The retailer will offer shoppers three items at extremely low prices between 10-11pm (EST) on Thanksgiving Day.
Last year, 24 per cent of shoppers said they were in a store at midnight on Black Friday, a rise of 15 per cent from just 9 per cent in 2009. Retailers are embracing this increased enthusiasm for holiday shopping by kicking off sales even earlier on Thanksgiving Day this year.
“Our customers told us that they loved our Thanksgiving event earlier last year and asked for it again,” said Walmart spokeswoman Sarah Spencer, adding that the highest customer traffic was during the 10pm hour.
As part of its holiday sales, Walmart will offer three consumer electronics products at knock-down prices in a special deal available from 10 to 11pm only on Thanksgiving Day.
The three competitively priced products are as follows:
– Apple iPad2: 16GB with WiFi: $399 with free $75 Walmart gift card
– Emerson 32 inch 720p LCD TV: $148
– LG Blue-ray Player: $38
Walmart’s Black Friday sales brochure highlights a number of deals available from 8pm on Thanksgiving Day:
– Xbox 360 4GB with SkyLanders bundle: $149
– Nintendo’s Wii console: $89
– Crock Pot 6-quart slow cooker: $9.44
– Mr. Coffee programmable 12-cup coffee maker: $9.44
– DVD and Blu-ray movies: $1.96-$9.96 each
– Video games: $10-$25 each
– Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess dolls: $5 each.
The below deals are available from 10pm on Thanksgiving Day:
– Samsung 43 inch, 720p plasma HDTV: $378
– HP 15.6 inch laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive: $279
– Beats by Dr. Dre headphones: $179.95
– Samsung Smart ST195 digital camera: $99
With competition heating up as rival stores compete to offer the best prices to shoppers, retailers are using competitor price monitoring to ensure all products are competitively priced; such price intelligence could be the clincher in growing sales and profit margins over the US holiday period.
© Profitero 2012
Follow @Profitero and @ProfiteroBlog on twitter for the latest retail, eCommerce and pricing stories.
Pricing intelligence company Profitero works with retailers and manufacturers to help them increase sales and maximise their profits by using competitor price, promotions and stock information at scale. For more information on Profitero price intelligence and competitor monitoring, visit www.profitero.com or email email@example.com.