How can today’s CPG company make the right choice in selecting an eCommerce performance management solution that gives them the actionable insights they need in order to compete more effectively? Our just-published Buyers’ Guide takes readers step-by-step through the process.
Are you ahead of the technology curve or behind it? Are you one of those CPG companies that is already using an eCommerce performance measurement solution, or are you only now starting to think about how this type of solution can help you compete more effectively?
Clearly, as we’ve all seen, the stakes are high. eCommerce is exploding worldwide, with a year-over-year growth of 20%, so it’s more important than ever to find the right tools for gauging and improving your product positioning and performance. But to do that, you’ve got to find the right partners, and that’s always been a task that’s easier said than done.
Why do I say that?
Because the fact is, for companies that are now looking for a solutions provider, or are contemplating getting started, there’s one overriding market factor that quickly becomes apparent:
There are so many factors to consider, but so little guidance.
You’ll find more vendors and variables than ever out there, but precious little in the way of helpful, “how to” guidance that helps you navigate your way through the review process.
That’s why I’ve written a just-published Buyers’ Guide on selecting an eCommerce performance measurement solution. It’s designed to give you step-by-step pointers that help you move beyond the online store audits of yesterday (they once seemed so innovative, didn’t they?), and identify and select the provider who’s best suited to truly helping you optimize performance.
5 steps for making the right decision
The 13-page Guide covers the what’s, why’s, when’s and how’s of the selection process. It shows you how you need to:
- Recognize and emphasize the urgent need for improved performance measurement and management tools. You are, after all, the person who “gets it” within your organization, and you may need to be at your most persuasive and eloquent as you demonstrate to colleagues why this is such an important initiative. In this step, we give you the ammunition you need.
- Assess whether you’re ready for a strategic eCommerce measurement solution—by using our helpful Self Diagnostic. This simple-yet-revealing Self Diagnostic is a self-administered exam that will take only a few moments of your time, but will provide you with answers as to where your organization really stands. Are you ready to implement a new solution, or “on the fence,” or not ready at all? Next step recommendations are provided for all three categories.
- Carefully review and compare provider credentials and capabilities. Here’s where the rubber meets the road. We show you which criteria to evaluate, which questions to ask, what timeframes to expect from potential vendors, and essentially everything you need to research and know as you conduct your due diligence.
- Formulate an implementation and usage plan—and communicate it ahead of time. Your success with an eCommerce performance measurement solution depends on making the adoption within your organization as smooth as possible. We’ll show you how you can take pre-emptive steps to engage all the right stakeholders, set realistic goals and expectations, and develop and communicate an action plan—ahead of time.
- Find a source you can trust for answers, information and guidance during the selection process. You can turn to a consultant, industry expert or internal resource—all with the goal of receiving unbiased advice upon which to base your decision. This advice can augment the “how to’s” provided in the Buyers’ Guide, and give you a personal perspective that may prove helpful or even decisive. A listing of resources is provided in the Guide.
Request the newly-published guide—The Definitive Buyers’ Guide to eCommerce Performance Measurement Solutions: How to Select the Right Service Provider and Why It Can Help You Beat the Competition
Also, download the White Paper that tells you how to get started in the world’s most lucrative eCommerce market, Competing in China’s eCommerce Market: 5 Crucial Steps to Success for Today’s Retailers and Brands
Keith Anderson, VP Strategy & Insights, Profitero
Keith leads the continuous innovation and development of Profitero’s eCommerce intelligence solution for brands, helping global companies gain a deeper understanding of their online presence to optimize both online and in-store sales.