Twitter has released a Top 10 list of campaigns by brands on the social media platform this year.
Athletic brand Puma came third in the listing, which was based on a combination of reach, impressions and total engagements.
Puma was commended for the campaign it ran during the Olympics the brand encouraged members of the public to submit images of themselves doing Usain Bolt’s famous pose. The campaign trended during the men’s 100m final. FMCG brands Coca-Cola and Dairy Milk also made the Top 10 listing.
“Some of the best performing campaigns were just great product news, with a great story told well, and they don’t have to be gimmicky,” said Bruce Daisley, sales director of Twitter UK, in an interview with Marketing magazine.
Top 10 Best Promoted Product Campaigns
1. @EE brand launch campaign – MEC
2. @StarbucksUK #FreeStarbucks campaign – Mannigottlieb OMD
3. @Puma campaign for Usain Bolt’s 100 metre final – Zenith Optimedia
4. @DairyMilk product giveaway for solving puzzle – PHD
5. @EASportsFifa launch of Fifa13 – MediaCom
6. @EnterTheCabinUK Lionsgate promotion for launch of Cabin in the Woods movie – MEC
7. @CokeZone #freecocacola – Vizeum
8. @AdidasUK Olympics closing ceremony campaign – Carat
9. @NowTV Sky’s launch campaign – MediaCom
10. @AssembleLive Launch of The Avengers movie from Disney Pictures – Carat
© 2012 Profitero
Pricing intelligence company Profitero provides retailers with actionable price intelligence data, monitoring over 50 million products across 4,000 eCommerce retailers every day, observing pricing, promotions and stock availability. We work with the world’s leading retailers, enabling them to acquire new customers and grow profit margins by monitoring and responding to changes in competitor pricing and promotional activity as they happen. For more information on Profitero price intelligence and competitor monitoring, visit www.profitero.com or email email@example.com