What are the key factors leading to customer satisfaction in Internet shopping?
The Online Shopping Customer Experience Study, research commissioned by UPS, analysed consumer shopping habits from decision making to post-delivery.
The report highlights the factors most likely to have an impact on satisfaction with the online shopping experience. The study puts a spotlight on the perceptions on customer experience from pre-purchase to post-delivery.
Customers are now carrying out researching many sites to find the best prices for the product required. The study also gives a clear picture on the shipping and post-purchase services that enhance the shopper experience.
Key findings of the report:
* Knowing the delivery time estimate is ranked among the top factors influencing online shopping
* 42 per cent of online shoppers have abandoned their shopping carts because of delivery dates
* 2/3 of people choose the most economical shipping option most of the time
* 1/3 of shoppers most often choose to pay a fee for faster delivery
* 30 per cent expect to see the availability of overnight shopping
* 63 per cent of online buyers look at the retailer’s return policy before making a purchase
* Shoppers appreciate the availability of an easy-to-understand returns process
* 75 per cent of shoppers believe every retailer should offer tracking information
* Consumers like receiving e-mail alerts, having the ability to reroute and the ability to schedule a two-hour delivery window
The below infographic highlights these key findings.
Looking at all areas of online shopping from pre-purchase to post-delivery, topics in the report include:
1. What are the most/least important aspects of past online shopping experiences?
2. What leads a site user to return to or recommend a site?
3. What is important to consumers during the check-out process?
4. What shipping services and options do consumers find most valuable?
5. How important is tracking and what delivery services are preferred?
6. What are consumers’ returns experiences and what aspects are important in a returns process?
7. How do all of the services offered during and after the online purchasing experience impact the overall impression of that retailer?
More and more retailers are now going online to capture some of the growth being witnessed in this important shopping sector.