We all know the importance of Amazon as the world’s largest online retailer – but do you know how you’re performing in terms of sales on Amazon?
How’s your competition doing on Amazon? And how are your featured products doing in comparison? Need hard data? Looking to benchmark?
Our Amazon FastMovers reports help you answer these questions. It starts with the fact Amazon updates its 100 best-selling products in each category hourly.
Profitero monitors Amazon’s Best Sellers daily in the US (more than 4.9 million products monitored) and UK (more than 2.1 million products monitored). We release complimentary FastMovers reports on a monthly basis, in 10+ categories.
Each of these reports features the FastMovers 100, the products with the best sales performance in that given month.
Example: What was hot in Back-to-School Sales on Amazon?
3P Seller Competition for Best-Selling Products is Intense
- Among 9 top level Amazon categories studied, Office Products had the highest % of products with 3P competition, at 97%, compared to 76% for the average of the remaining 8 top level categories.
- The average Office Products FastMover had 56 3P sellers, the second highest among 9 top-level categories studied (the #1 was Toys & Games, with 70). The average 3P seller count for the remaining 8 top-level categories was 31.
AmazonBasics is becoming a factor: AmazonBasics, Amazon’s no-frills line of private label products accounted for FastMovers in 4 back-to-school categories studied:
- 2 in Office Supplies
- 2 in Storage & Organization
- 3 in Office Furniture & Accessories
- 9 in Office Electronics
Ratings & Reviews are key to success:
- Best-selling products in these categories, on average, had 1,839 ratings & reviews
- All 6 categories in this group had less than 10% products with reviews. review count below 100, which likely indicates newly-listed products