In this five-part blog series we cover highlights, key features, and use cases of Proftero’s Amazon FastMovers reports. This series includes:
- Part 1: How to Analyze your Competitors
- Part 2: Identifying New Arrivals in your Category
- Part 3: Detecting Consumer and Product Trends—e.g. Wellness
- Part 4: Tracking the Number of 3P sellers
- Part 5: Benchmarking your Products—Attributes, Pricing and Programs
Profitero’s FastMovers reports analyze best-selling Amazon products to produce a cumulative ranking by category, delivered directly to your inbox on a monthly basis. These complimentary product performance reports are available for Amazon US (12 Categories), Amazon UK (11 Categories), and Amazon France (5 Categories).
Don’t see your category listed? Contact us to learn about reports available for additional bonus categories.
In our Amazon FastMovers reports you will find key performance metrics including:
- Product attributes: Star rating, number of reviews and number of images.
- Pricing: Average Price, Maximum Price, Minimum Price.
- Amazon program eligibility e.g. Prime, Subscribe & Save.
- Number of 3P sellers by product.
Analyzing Your Competitors
Amazon FastMovers reports rank best-selling products in Amazon’s top 100 Best Sellers by category. To keep an eye on the competition you can use the following information to:
- Clearly identify the top brands and products in your specific category
- Monitor the performance of competitors already on your radar
- Track emerging brands
- Understand the number of best-selling products in your category
Below is data from the Amazon US Grocery category for October 2016, which shows a breakdown of the top five brands in a specific category – helping you to determine the level of concentration of brands by category. For example, the majority of the Watches category (53%) is dominated by the top five brands:
- Armitron Sport
By contrast, the Beauty category has less than a quarter (22%) of the top five brands dominating the category:
- Philips Norelco
For companies trying to establish themselves in a given category, it is critical to determine which brands have the lion’s share of sales – helping you to identify where the opportunity lies.
Another useful facet of the reports is to identify the breakdown of competitors by country. This breakdown of top brands by category can also be cross-referenced by country to better discern global competitors versus more local competitors. Below is an example of the same category (Nappies and Diapering) in two different countries, the UK and US.
In this example, Pampers and Huggies are global brands with a large share of the market, while some of the others are local brands which only have a notable stake in one country. For companies deciding where to focus their attention, identifying global versus local competitors provides better insight into those countries to pursue for growth opportunities.
Subscribe to our free Amazon FastMovers reports to monitor the best-performing brands across key categories on Amazon. You might also be interested in watching our on-demand webinar: 5 Ways to Optimize your eCommerce Performance with Amazon FastMovers.